Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Games, New Plans, New Jeans

In the car this morning, Kate yelled, "Mom! There's a . Go! Run! Run! GO car, GO FAST! Gogogogogogo." Hmm. I'm not sure if I'm more pleased that she's pretending or more concerned that she's pretending something is chasing us, and we need to escape.

We also had a very interesting discussion this weekened about whales and fish. I was trying to explain that they're similar, but not the same. When I told her both live in the water, she freaked out and has since kept all her whales and fish far away from me, assumedly to prevent me from dumping them in the toilet, or something.

So we're going to take her to Sea World. When I suggested it to Bobby, he asked if we could take a week and make a road trip out of it. So, this August, we're planning to go to Sea World in San Antonio, drive down through Houston, stopping to visit (and maybe a day at the beach..?), and then into Louisiana to Bobby's family in Lafayette. We'll leave Katie with her grandparents, and go to New Orleans by ourselves for a day. I'm really excited. I wish we could do it in the spring, but oh well. Houston and southern Louisiana are awfully humid in August, but there are worse things, right? (*cough*NO*cough*)

My picture today is me the last time we went to San Antonio, when I was about 4 months pregnant. I wasn't in many of the photos from that trip (otherwise I'd have posted one from Sea World). This trip will be different.

NSVs today!

Last night, I jogged for 5 minutes. It started at the same pace I usually speed walk during our "sprint" but I got it up another .5mph for the last 90 seconds! I felt it in my legs the rest of the evening, and it was wonderful.

Today, I am wearing new jeans. (New as in retrieved from the closet of Paige's old sizes.) I showed Bobby, and he gave me a big hug and told me how great he thinks I am doing. I tried on some other ones too, and they fit, but not quite right. They're too short! I must've gotten taller as well as slimmer. =)

Edit: Forgot! I accidentally trimmed off half an eyebrow this morning. I couldn't believe it. Bobby suggested trimming the other one so they'd match. Note to self, no powered grooming when half awake!

No comments: