Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Before I Jump In

I'm in a good mood this morning, so I want to post now, since the last couple haven't been so chipper.

I had a very good workout last night; my mom came! Afterwards, I got some solid quality time with my two favorite people, which always makes me happy. At the gym, I bought a protein shake shaker with a blender ball in it that works kind of like a wire whisk. I've made two protein drinks in it so far, and it worked as well as or better than my mini blender. Happy to have another easy breakfast option! (Though I've been enjoying my pre-cooked oatmeal, I haven't figured out the best freezing/reheating route.)

Work is already starting to chip away at the edges of my sanity, but I have a couple NSVs to share really fast.

The Saturday before last, my gym class instructor measured us for the official start of Team: Weight Loss. I've lost 3 inches around my waist and 1 inch each around my thighs and upper arms. Yay! Today, I'm comfortably wearing a pair of pants I haven't worn since just after I had Katie. (I was 15ish lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight the first week after she was born. I gained all that and a little extra back after I weaned her. I started this journey heavier than I was at the peak of my pregnancy.)

No comments: