Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rainy Day

I LOVE rainy days. Texas does them right, too. Dark and gray and consistent waves of drizzle to downpour. Thunder and lighting, oh my! Ahh, it make my insides smile. (Anyone read Eat, Pray, Love? With the bit about smiling with every bit of yourself? Smile with your kidneys! Love that imagery.)

Unfortunately, one of the downpour stages hit yesterday just as I was running Kate out from daycare, and I got completely soaked putting her in the car. I kept her dry though! I turned on the heat and the car, and hurried home to strip, but it definitely didn't help the war on my cold. I spoke to Bobby briefly about something that came up with the stepvan lease, and afterwards, he sent me a text asking if I was okay because I sound awful. I'm definitely firmly in the grasp of this headcold. Ugh.

Tonight is my bookclub, and I'm kind of thinking about skipping it. I thoroughly enjoy it usually, but I don't want to get everyone sick. It usually goes pretty late, too, and I know I need the sleep. But if I don't go, I have to wait a whole month before the next one. And I want to know everyone's thoughts on the teenage battle royale. (We read The Hunger Games this month.) Grumble, grumble. I probably will skip it, but if I do... should I go to my class at the gym?

I just want to sleep! Maybe I can go a little early today (if I am a very good girl?) and nap an hour or so before I need to get Katie.

Ooooh, thunder.

No comments: