Thursday, January 26, 2012

Feeling a Bit Better

Not only did I not go to book club or the gym, I went home from work early, gasp. So much sinus pressure, and my Aleve Cold and Sinus wasn't making a dent. Every time I turned my head the slightest bit, everything inside swam around and it took a second for my vision to realign. I went home and fell right into bed, and slept straight through the time I was supposed to go get Katie. Luckily, Bobby assumed I wouldn't get her when I wasn't feeling well and picked her up. She was so excited about Dad coming to get her, she wasn't too upset about waiting an extra 45 minutes.

Today is better, though not great. Even with my nap yesterday I’m tired, and my stomach was upset this morning. Work hasn't been too crazy this week, so I came back to less than 100 emails and have mostly caught up already. It was rainy again this morning, but it’s clearing out. Right now, the wind is howling around the building, making very mournful sounds.

My mom sent me a text letting me know the book club selection: Good Omens, by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. It's the second book in a row that I've already read and wasn't wild about the first time around. I reread The Hunger Games; it was entertaining, even if I wasn't thrilled by it the first time. Good Omens, though? Meh. Do not want. I've felt pretty lukewarm about everything I've read the last couple months, though. I'm in a book rut! It's awful! I need something new to read, but between sci-fi/fantasy, mystery, supernatural chick fiction, romance, non-genre fiction, and non-fiction, what am I missing? Anyone have some recommendations?

I’m hungry today. I went for easy breakfast over filling breakfast, and I’m regretting it now. Usually it’s at least another hour before I start in on my fruit. I brought squash and cauliflower to steam for lunch, though, so I’ll be good if I can just go easy on the munching until then.

No comments: