Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday, Right?

Only 8:30 am, and I've already had three little, "Crap, I forgot to do [Wednesday-specific task]!" moments. I'm thinking about running my payroll early just so I can stop freaking out about it. (Which backfires. I freaked out last week thinking I'd missed the window only to discover I'd done it the previous Friday to avoid missing it with the holiday.)

I am in a strangely good mood today. Yesterday we got an email about our annual "goals" that made me really mad. I'm all sorts of in favor of goals, if they are constructive and enriching. These are not, and we are already buried. I work unpaid overtime every week and still can't keep up, and they're giving us busywork. It's very frustrating. Especially when I'd already chosen a goal working towards something that WILL help me improve: finishing the Project Management course work. I really like to be cheerful though, so I'm clinging to it.

I'm also feeling guilty about the good mood, because Bobby's grandmother died last night. I feel bad for Bobby, of course. I know that if it was one of my grandparents, I'd be devastated. I did not know her well, but she was always nice to me. Bobby kept our marriage a secret for over a year, and I didn't even meet most of his family until I was 7 months pregnant, but Miss Loretta was incredibly welcoming. I was blown away by the obvious love she had for Bobby. So I'm trying to tone down my good mood and still feeling like a heartless b**ch. The picture on my blog today is Bobby's grandmother and Katie, taken in May 2010.

I had a really good workout last night. On Mondays, we meet with a nutritionist first, so the workout period is shorter. I can push myself a little harder without being afraid I'll run out of steam before the hour is up. Last night was the first time I managed to get my speed up to the level I was working at before I stopped holding on to the rails. Only for four minutes, but I was still happy with that.

More NSVs: I exchanged a men's XXL jacket I bought by mistake before Christmas. (Normally, I'd have gotten XL, but I wanted a L so it wouldn't be too huge next winter.) The store I took it back to only had a M, but I really wanted the jacket, so I got it figuring it would be fine unzipped. At home, I zipped it just to see and Bobby says, "I thought you said you looked like a sausage with it zipped? You look great!" Yay! This after my mom told me, "I can definitely tell there's less of you. I know you haven't officially lost much, but keep at it, because whatever you're doing looks good."

(PS - When I pulled up my facebook to find the picture, right at the top of my feed was a link to an article about an untreatable strain of TB in India. Gulp.)

No comments: