Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'm Not Feeling it Today

Not anything; I'm just in a terrible mood. Work was pretty rough yesterday, and my boss told me this morning that our office is the only one of the five running over capacity and that, normally, a project like Boston would be assigned to three people to work on exclusively. (We're two people with twenty other hotels. No exaggeration, I counted my active project codes.) I'm not sure if he meant that to be encouraging (it's not our fault we can't keep up), but I mostly just found it frustrating. Why are we the only office overloaded? And in that office, why do we have a third more than anyone else?

After work tonight, we're driving down to Lafayette for the funeral tomorrow. I'm hoping we can come home tomorrow night, so I can work partial days Saturday and Sunday, because, hey, if I fall anymore behind on stuff, I'm going to start having panic attacks in the bathroom. Without the phones and email, I might even get more done than I would have been able to on Friday. Bobby seems to think I'm being an utter b**ch suggesting we only stay a day. His reaction was even worse when I said he could go alone and stay as long as he wanted and I could go to work. That got me a speech about "what it means to be married" that left me fuming.

Good workout last night; I was pleasantly sore when we were done. Bobby was at the mall buying dress pants, so I treated myself to Taco Bell after. I've been hardcore craving a burrito for weeks and it was delicious. I looked up the points before I picked and everything. Unfortunately, I didn't track the brownie I ate before I left work until this morning when I could look at the wrapper, and THAT turned out to be 6 points, so I dipped into my APs anyway.

I'm giving something I read on another blog a try. I swapped my settings to use APs first instead of weeklies. Then, each week, I give myself a dollar for every activity point left uneaten. (I'm on a budget, though, so I'm thinking my APs might only be worth 50 cents.) For people that eat their activity points and weeklies and still lose, it's probably not a good incentive, but I am not one of those people.                        

No comments: