Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I've Lost my Bowling Ball

I had a good weigh-in, so I'm starting with that. I weighed in today, because I couldn't get a consistant read on my scale yesterday. I intended to buy a new one this weekend, but I forgot. So! Today! I got a false read with in the 160's! Inaccurate, yes, but it's the first time the margin of error has been close enough to drop into that range. And my actual loss puts me .2 lbs into 10 lbs gone! That's how much my bowling ball weighs, and thinking about the heft of that thing GONE from my BODY is exciting.

Less exciting - I'm sick. Just a cold, but still cruddy. Bobby and Katie have already had it. In fact, we ended up not going out on the ATVs this weekend because Katie was running a temperature over 101 most of Saturday. It ended up being super windy and dusty, though; my mom said it wasn't much fun even with goggles and full face masks.

I worked really hard at the gym yesterday, because I'm missing my class for book club tomorrow. Tonight I think I'm going to go home and sleep, but I'm going to do Wii Fit on Thursday to try and balance it out. (Hear that self? It's on the web, so now you have to do it!)

I wasn't very good in terms of food the last couple days. I'm pushing to hit 50 in Star Wars: The Old Republic, because I'm supposed to start leading raids on Saturday. I've gone from 41 to 48 since Friday playing only when Katie is asleep, which means that I have not gotten much sleep. I drank more Coke Zero this weekend than I have in the last 2 months and I'm a terrible snacker at the keyboard. This is probably a contributing factor to me being brought low by the cold at last. (It's been teasing at my immune system for a couple weeks, but I was holding it off.)

With that said, however, not very good is still miles better than what I would have considered not very good six months ago. Most of my desktop snacks were fresh fruit. The "bad" lunch, I had a baked potato smothered in veggies, and I considered it a splurge item! That's progress, people. I also had an enormous sugar cookie, but I split it over three days, rather than eating that with my lunch AND a Coke I would have refilled to take home. (I love fountain soda, but I limit myself to about one a month now. No refills.)

No comments: