Saturday, January 28, 2012

Being Brave

I have been playing with the idea of doing a 5K for a little while, but my big hang up is that I don't really like running. Participating in a race just seems silly. I have family and friends that have done the Tough Mudder, and I've been interested, but blew it off, because obviously I can't do that.

Right now, I'm really trying to challenge the things I think I can and can't do. Why not? It's a 5K with dirt! (Okay, Tough Mudder is more than that, but there's versions suitable to beginners.) I'm almost doing 5K on a treadmill 3 days a week now. Today, a google offer popped up on my phone for a mud run in Dallas, and I bought it. On April 28th, I'm doing this. I'm going to bust my a** until then so I'm not last.

Now to figure out how to redeem the stupid thing...

No comments: