Monday, February 6, 2012

Went a Little Crazy

I had a really rough Friday, and started thinking what's the point? I'm doing all this hard work, and all it's doing is making it more diffucult to deal with the stress I'm under already. Even if I succeed (and how likely is that?) it's not like it will change anything. All the things I dislike about my life will still be there, and I won't have gained anything significant in the parts I enjoy.

Yeah. That was bad. Needless to say, I didn't do so well this weekend. My hormone levels have been a little wonky, and I felt super hungry ALL weekend. I didn't completely ditch the plan, but I half-assed it all over the place most of the weekend. Then, on Sunday night, I ran down from my office to grab my credit card so I could renew my truck registration. Instead, I got distracted and made angel food cupcakes with chocolate cream cheese frosting. (And I didn't count how many I ate.) I never did get my registration done.

Today, I'm looking at the target again. I'm waiting until this afternoon to record my weight, but I'm pretty sure I'm looking at a gain. I worked out 2 extra days this week, then tossed all that effort into a cake mix! I am pretty disappointed with myself, but I'm moving past it. I can suddenly remember all the perfectly valid reasons why this IS worth it.

Part of this was brought on by some pictures of a girl who lost 73 lbs and is now garnering a lot of attention. She's just a tiny bit taller, and her current weight is my goal weight. I'm a bit hippier, but she has bigger breasts, so I think that we're pretty comparable body type. I don't know why, but instead of being inspired by her story, I looked at her photos and thought, " **** have I been smoking? There's no way I can EVER look like that!" I'm asking today, WHY NOT? I don't like how I reacted or understand entirely where it came from. Trying to figure it out.

I'm not sure about the copyright on the pictures, so none here, but they are all over the web now; search for "crissfit." Hopefully they're a little more inspiring to you.

No comments: