Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Five: Big Band and Decisions

Five things I’m thinking about today:

1) Swing/Big Band music makes me happy. I know already Bobby wouldn’t take lessons with me, but I wonder if there are classes for partnerless people? That would be a good thing for me to practice being brave on.

2) I’m stuck. David has been pretty unwilling to do anything but pay lipservice to my advancement inquiries, so I still don’t know anything more about the position in India or the self-review I turned in last week. I’m thinking about going to the office director, but he’s intimidating as hell, and I don’t want David **** at me. The CFO reads and comments on every single one of them, though, so theoretically I’ll get some feedback eventually. Or get fired.

3) Bobby’s feeling better, so the 4-wheeling outing with my parents is back on, and I’m torn about whether or not to go. A good trip is relaxing and awesome. A bad trip is stressful and so not what I need. I could play it safe and stay home or risk it and possibly have a great time. (Picture of one of the awesome trips.) It’s supposed to be beautiful this weekend (in the 70s), so I’m leaning towards going.

4) The dietician at my gym pushes unprocessed, all-natural, organic foods pretty hard. She also pushes supplements and meal replacement powders. There’s a gap here that I’m having trouble wrapping my head around, because protein powder and supplements are synthesized and processed to hell. It doesn’t seem to me that you can logically fully support both. I think processed foods aren’t ALL bad and supplements aren’t ALL good, but trying to decide how much of her advice I want to take is driving me nuts.

5) I go to the gym three days a week, but I don't do anything active the other days. I know I need to start adding in strength training in my core and arms, but, man, I am having a hard time doing it at home! One of the other blogs I read recommended a different game for the Wii Fit that’s a little more continuous exercise than the standard one, but I kind of want to know I can commit to doing something at home regularly before I invest in it more. How do you get yourself off the couch?

No comments: