Friday, January 6, 2012

Bits and Pieces

I finally updated Java at home and changed my profile picture to a normal one from the horned Halloween one. The new picture was taken a couple of months ago at my cousin's birthday dinner, which was at this wonderful Irish pub in (one of) the trendy area(s) of Dallas. I had a fabulous Shepherd's Pie, and used many, many weeklies. I wish I could eat Irish food more often. I may experiment with finding a way to make a healthier Shepherd's Pie.

We got Japanese for lunch, and I got a grilled salmon bento box with steamed veggies instead of tempura. It still racked up a lot of points, though, so I need to be careful the rest of the day. The scale (I've been peeking..) has been coming down all week, I'm hoping for a good weigh-in next Tuesday.

Wednesday, I doubled up my workout and did my treadmill class and yoga. I was running way late, so I ran all the way across the parking lot to get there and then turned my speed up a little too much. I had to slow way down for one “hill” to work out a cramp in my calf, but I nudged it back up after and rocked it on the directionals. (By the time we were done, I was about ready to fall off, though.) Then, in yoga, I really focused on pushing deeper into the moves and keeping my core muscles tight. I've been a little sore, but mostly I feel great. I even managed an Up Dog for the first time ever, and did more of the flow sequences without modifications than I could before.

This morning, I couldn't find any clean jeans, so I dug into my "too-small" stash. Three pairs were too tight (though ALL zipped!), but I found a pair one size down that were okay for work. While I was hip deep in my closet, I saw my jewelry box and decided to try on my rings. Tight, but not uncomfortable! I'm so pleased to be wearing my wedding ring again.

The scale might be stubborn, but the NSVs are really adding up! Work might be killing me slowly, so I'm really pleased I'm holding it together on the weight loss front.

No comments: