Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Work, now in new and exciting stress flavors!

Work has been extra stressful in the last couple of months, due to several projects all wanting March install. Budgets range from small half mill projects to one monster that has that much still to be ordered and over 170 POs already placed. The small one has a finnicky designer who requires extra special care and attention and the monster has special flame rating requirements for Boston building codes. The latter could easily fill my days all by itself. (Then there are 2 more, but nothing special beyond the rush.)

And today, the PO system (never swift) is slowing way down and occassionally locking completely. UGH. I'm frantically trying to get things entered in the periods of functionality, and then just sick to my stomach when it's in its crash mode.

I made myself a cup of tea (Earl Gray, splenda, and fat free half & half) to try and chill a little. And then my boss scampers on back (seriously, he was excited) to announce someone's brought in chicken and sausage biscuits, "And they're still warm! Mmm-mmmmmm." (He'd consumed half of one right in front of me by this point.)

So instead of beating on the server with a hammer while simultaneously eating both a sausage and a chicken biscuit, I'm taking a blog break and breathing deep while I sip my tea and pretend it doesn't matter if I don't cut another 70 POs this week. Triumph tastes better than 11 points (each!) of bread and unidentified animal parts, right? Remember the burritos, woman!

(I'm seriously obsessing about this. Maybe I can eat half, eat lunch and hour-ish late, skip my afternoon snack and push hard at my workout tonight. That's not unreasonable, is it? Am I justifying a bad decision?)                       

No comments: