Monday, November 14, 2011

I demand a redo!

So. That was shit .

Today, my husband went with me to the gym. We spent 5 minutes on the treadmill, then I stretched while he watched, then I did some girly push-ups and pull-ups, and then he asked when I was going to start working out.

What?

So I asked what he wanted to do. He told me he wanted to not make a decision about what to do, so I headed to the stair machines. He told me he didn't like stairs, and hopped on a treadmill next to me. I couldn't figure out how to make the machine work (it was stuck on snail speed), so I hopped on a treadmill too and walked while he ran a mile and a half in 12 minutes. After that, he (cool as can be while I dabbed my face with my towel) asked if we could do some weights.

Long story short, my back hurts. And I had no idea Bobby was that fast. So, yeah. I don't think I want to go with him anymore. I feel awful, I didn't get much of a workout because I can't do enough reps to make weights worthwhile when I feel like I'm doing it wrong, and I run like an asthmatic hippo.

I told him he could go at the same time as me, but not to work out with me. I don't think he's going to get a membership. He works for FedEx and runs and lifts big boxes all day, so I don't know why he even wants to. (He says his thighs rub together and that's never happened before. I don't remember a time that DIDN'T happen to me.) He ran 8.5 mph for a whole quarter mile. I tried to bump up to 5 mph for a minute and almost went face first into the floor. Eff me.

McDonald's for dinner. I feel like shit . Only used 2 of my weeklies today though. However, I'm not sure where I stand on the GHG. (I need protein and whole grain boxes!) Do french fries count as a vegetable? Do 100 calories (the TEENIEST french fry box you've ever seen) worth of french fries count as a serving?

Tomorrow is another day. A day I will not take Bobby with me to the gym. (And I hope work isn't as awful as today. My buddy is on maternity leave for 12 weeks and the office is super depressing without her.)

/end grouse

PS: Once I drink my glass of water before bed (to make sure I wake up at 3 am to pee) I'll have met my water goal!

No comments: