Monday, November 28, 2011

Had My Pie

...and ate it, too! I did pretty well on T-Day. Followed my plan, ate only one extra roll, and enjoyed the hell out of every bite. I, however, succumbed to the leftovers my mom offered up on Friday, including every delicious bite of a slice each of apple and pumpkin pie. (Which I nibbled on all weekend. I didn't have T-Day 2.0 AND 2 slices of pie. Last year, I would have.) I also had a can of spaghettiOs with meatballs, which, wow, not good for you. And I had a bite of everything Kate ate all weekend. Despite that, I ended the week with 7 weeklies (the fewest yet by far, but still a surplus).

I also only went to the gym twice instead of the intended three times. On Saturday morning, I pushed hard thinking about all that pie, though, and I felt it all weekend in a very good way. I wasn't sore, but I could tell my muscles were tired. Going up the stairs with 25 lbs of Kate took some effort!

Despite all that (perhaps because of all my hard work the week before) I am down another 2.6 lbs for a total of 7.2 lbs lost. And the jeans I pulled out of the dryer this morning, which have always been comfortable, but never loose are slipping down everytime I walk anywhere. Woohoo!

Also, for the first time ever, I'm randomly telling people in my office about my weight loss. That I've lost weight and am trying hard to lose more. Another girl in my officer lost 30 lbs on Weight Watchers and I'd never have known if I hadn't had the confidence to say something about my own goals. And go her! She's a slender girl with a lot of style. Since she started, I've frequently thought how great her clothes are and how unflattering they'd be on me. Knowing she was once closer to my weight is very empowering. She worked to look the way she does, and so can I.

So, I'm pretty pumped today. I know I've got to mind my points this week, with all those empty calories I devoured in the last few days.

No comments: