Friday, November 11, 2011

The First Week

Weight Watchers X-Post

May as well start with why I’m here. I’m 25 and I have almost 6 months before my birthday. Before I turn 26, I want to lose 30 lbs. Before my daughter (KM) turns 3 next October, I want to lose a total of 58 lbs. I love my daughter more than anything, and I want to be a mother she is proud of. I also want to be able to teach her good and healthy habits. And it would be nice not to be appalled when people tag me in photos I didn’t know they took on facebook.

I anticipate problems staying on track, because I’m busy, and drive-throughs are just so easy. KM is in a picky stage right now, and chicken nuggets are really the only food she will eat most of the time. (Yay for naked nuggets!) My husband and I love variety, and eat Indian, Japanese, Vietnamese, Italian…. Okay, we just love food in general, and most of it is awful for my waistline. I’m trying to learn portion control, but when it just tastes so good, it’s tough. My plan right now is to try asking for a second plate or a box. I’ll separate a healthy amount to eat, and stick to that. Reports on how that works to follow.

At work, I have a stockpile of meals in the freezer and snacks in my drawer. I’m ready! Unfortunately, a lot of people bring in unhealthy and very appetizing snacks, and with Christmas coming up.. oh, man, there’ll be chocolate and truffles and caramels and treats all over the office. Edible landmines everywhere. I’m thinking a blindfold is the answer. This week I dodged an 8 point cookie one day, but ate one after a particularly vicious conference call. I need to learn some new ways of relaxing after that kind of thing. Still, I ate it slow, savored every bite, and today? I’ve walked by that box of deliciousness 4 times without drooling a bit. My boss munching Doritos in the next office, however? Oh, yeah, give me some of that! (I’m going to have some yogurt instead.)

Tonight, my husband is going with me to the gym to check it out. I went Wednesday and felt fantastic after a moderately paced treadmill class-thingie. If The Man doesn’t end up joining, I’ll probably join that class (or the tougher one) for a few weeks to get me off to a good start. I’m looking forward to resuming my love-hate relationship with Yoga next Wednesday. I feel like the (awkward, clumsy, fat and) ugly duckling during yoga, but I feel remade afterwards.

First weekend coming up! I’ve got a lot to do, and I want to fit in making myself some breakfast burritos and that 0-point vegetable soup. I need more healthy crockpot recipes too, to stave off the drive-through temptation.

No comments: