Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Birthdays and Babies

Today is my husband's birthday, and he said something last night that melted my heart. I was asking about what he wanted to do tonight, whether he wanted me to get a sitter so we could have a peaceful dinner in public. And he said, "No, it's my birthday, and I really want to spend it with my little girl and my wife." Dude. Love him.

So, we're having dinner in tonight. Dinner out has become pretty painful in the last few weeks as we've hit the Terrible Twos full throttle. He still wants to go to the gym, though, so I'm having trouble with the logistics. Curry (tikka masala)is Bobby's favorite, but eating right before working out is bad news, so I can't have it ready when he gets home, it needs to be after we get back. Which is when we're getting the Kate wound down for bedtime. And the birthday sweet? Maybe I can just buy a slice or half cake? A cupcake? I don't know. He doesn't want to eat something too terrible, because he's been working out too and doesn't want to "void out going to the gym."

Yesterday, I went to Best Buy (boo, hiss) to buy him a new video card. He needs a RAM upgrade too, and probably a higher wattage power supply, and a bit more cooling.... but the video card will have to do for now. I don't really want to buy more DDR2 RAM, because I think next year I'll do a more thorough upgrade. His processor is still pretty good, but his mobo needs to go. I built it in 2008, so it needs some love. (Yes, yes, I am a huge geek. Building computers gives me great joy.)

He doesn't think he got anything, so I'm trying to think of a creative way to surprise him with it.

No comments: