Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Hippo Runs Again

We went to the gym again tonight, Bobby to work out on his own and me to try out the TEAM Fitness class. Last week I did TEAM Weight Loss, and it was good. It's was mostly interval training on treadmills, so nothing exciting, but it wasn't bad. Today, I got there, hopped on a treadmill to warm up and waited. The TWL instructor came to introduce the TF instructor, and she gets excited and exclaims, "Oh, good day to try out! Today we're going to run outside!"

So, ultimately I made one lap around the building, and I DID run part of the way. And then I went inside and got on the treadmill (with another slacker) to wait out the rest of the class. Ouch! My entire lower body is a dull ache. Did some core work too, good for me though it's tough.

Bobby ran a mile in 7 minutes. He was pretty proud of himself. I was too, actually. It's a lot easier to be happy about his accomplishments when I'm not right there with him, pacing them against my own.

Kate's been in bed about 20 minutes (late for her) and she hasn't gone a full minute without coughing. Uh-oh! Probably the cold she's been fighting off; might put a kink in our plans for the weekend. (Or, hey, work!)

Today! I got happy faces in all my boxes! (After all that running, the water was easy, but I managed 2 bottles at work, so I was on track anyway.) I've never gotten a happy face in the Healthy Oil category before. Tonight, I took two packs of my veggie soup (4 cups), browned some bison burger in 3 tsp of olive oil, and then simmered it all with a bit of curry paste, garam masala, nutmeg, paprika, and cumin. Oh, man, it was good. Bobby scarfed 3/4 of it down in no time. It's been a long time since I've seen him that enthusiastic about something I cooked. (He LOVES curry.)

All in all, a good day.

No comments: