Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bobby's Stupid Cold

So very tired. I've been fantasizing about going back to bed ever since I crawled out of it this morning. I think I may have caught Bobby's cold. Ugh.

I went to the gym last night, pushed hard, and left feeling great. We had Subway for dinner, and I continued to feel great. So great, I was bouncing around the house like a freaking ball in a pinball machine. Bobby asked when I'd snuck the Coke, taken too many ADD pills, overdosed on pseudophedrine... He was convinced my energy level was artificially heightened. But no, I was just extraordinarily hyper.

This morning, I feel like crap . I'm achy, my head feels stuffed with cotton and my sinuses with lead, and I feel like I stayed up too late and got up too early. (Slept 10 to 6, which is my normal sleep schedule.) I'd take a day off if I wasn't worried about Katie getting sick. With her in daycare, I've used my sick time as quickly as I accrue it since starting here over the summer. (I was a stay at home mom for about a year and a half. I got laid off a couple weeks before I found out I was pregnant and just didn't go back.)

I've just finished my fifth month here, and I've taken at least as many days off with Katie. (Not all of them were paid.) So, while I do have a day or so built up again, I'm reluctant to use it. Instead, I'm just going to think about how awesome it would be to go home and sleep all day.

I took my vitamin and a decongestant when I started this, and it's taken about an hour to get this far (I do this in between working, waiting for reports to generate or whatever). I ate some yogurt, too. I'm feeling slightly better now, but just slightly. Still, it may make the difference for me today. Fingers crossed that nothing awful happens before the end of the day. Everyone needs to just behave!

No comments: