Wednesday, December 28, 2011

One-two Punch to Stress

Did an hour of hills and directionals on the treadmill AND an hour of yoga.
So there, work! Tonight, I win! (Directionals: walking backwards and sideways on a treadmill. Today, we did three sets of each on varying inclines. Oh, my aching glutes.)

Hero of the day! Smart pop kettle corn. It's a very nice salt-sweet blend that hit just the right spot this afternoon at work. Crunchy enough to make my boss's dorito munchings endurable, too.

Also! Bun ga nuong (Vietnamese glass noodle salad..stuff) is surprisingly healthy and oh so yummy.

Butter chicken simmer sauce, not so much (the healthy part, that is). However, served over mashed cauliflower with a little extra cayenne? It was a very satisfying way to get some rich Indian curry without blowing the points. And curry always gets me stars on my good wife chart.

AND, once I finish the bottle of water I'm working on, I'll have a happy face in every category for only the second time ever.

Today feels pretty good.

No comments: