Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Still Here, Chugging Along

So I'm still here behind a massive stack of paperwork. The last few weeks in purchasing have been crazy busy. I was way burned out last week, so I am taking a little break today to try and pace myself this week and hold on to my perspective. (It's hotels, people. The sky isn't falling.)

I'm still chugging along. I did have a gain this morning. I skipped weigh-in last week because I was on my period, and I didn't want to know. With that, I made poor snack choices - stayed in my point range, but with unhealthy things. Then we drove to Louisiana for Christmas, and food on the road is always hard for me. McDonald's for dinner, then I snack to stave off sleepiness and drink Coke (some of which was not of the ZERO variety this time). Christmas in Cajun Country, my word. Half what I ate didn't turn out to be what I thought it was. We never seemed to be eating when I was hungry, so I'd end up starving by meal time. Between those, I know I was way off target. I didn't track, because, as I said, I mostly didn't even know what it was. I did not have any cookies or pie, however. Donuts for breakfast.

Most of the stuff is out of the office now; we divvied up on Thursday. There is still some popcorn and stuff, but nothing too tempting. (It's not the healthy kind of popcorn - most of it is coated in chocolate and other sugary substances.) I claimed 3 lbs of See's Candies, then took it all to Louisiana and left it with my father-in-law. And some brownies that were pretty wow. Nothing left at home either. There's still New Years, but I think we're going to try to stay home, so I think I can claim I made it through. I gained 1.2 lbs back right at the end, but lost 7 all said and done. I'm not unhappy with that.

Plus I've got half the office dieting now. One on weight watchers and 3 more just watching. Since most the people I go to lunch with are in that crowd, we're all doing well by each other. I think we'll pick up steam in January, and hopefully stay on track even after we forget our resolutions.

No comments: