Monday, March 5, 2012

Walk While Eating Funnel Cake = ?? PP

Another very busy weekend, and one I very much ignored my WW fairy. (Sunday, anyway. I was pretty good on Saturday.)

After my class at the gym on Saturday, we went up to one of our favorite ATV parks on the Red River. It was nice, if not super warm, but we had a very nice afternoon riding the trails. We were with a big group doing semi-challenging stuff, so I mostly stayed with my stepdad in his rzr. (It's a four wheeler with side-by-side bucket seats and a roll cage.) I spent a little time on Bobby's four wheeler towards the end of the day. We had a lot of fun.

Sunday, we went to the North Texas Irish Festival with some friends. Katie enjoyed another pony ride and dipping her fingers in the reflection pond. I enjoyed a bowl of shephard's pie and a funnel cake. Yummy. I skipped lots of other stuff I normally would have sampled, but I probably should have done without the funnel cake, too. I was proud of myself for passing on a "But it's free!" sandwich, because it wasn't what I wanted.

I played with my tracking spreadsheet a little. If I keep doing the same thing I've been doing for the last 16 weeks, I'll be on track to hit my first personal milestone the week I do the mud run. I need to kick my butt back on track (instead of meandering in a generally correct direction) and make some real progress in the next 7ish weeks. Anything I don't lose by then, I have to haul over a rope net obstacle and possibly a rope wall. I'd like to be down more than just another 5 lbs. I took entire week off from the gym while I was sick and completely pushed my extra training for upper body out the window, so it's time to get that together again.

On that note, I traded my Wii for an Xbox 360 and Kinect. So far, I really like the Kinect a lot more. I spent so much time with the Wii holding perfectly still or shifting slightly for its balance games, and I really didn't think that was the best use of my time for my goals. I also bought a Yoga DVD to do at home, because they changed the time of the class at the gym just enough so I can't do it after my regular class.

No comments: