Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The really-really bad and the really-really good days

So much for “hopefully last night was the worst of it” with my cold last week. I didn’t go to the gym that night or any night since, because I’ve been busy sleeping. I didn’t go to work Tuesday or Wednesday. I was feeling much better Sunday, then woke up early Monday to spend a couple hours vomiting. So that was fun. Today, I finally feel about 75% of normal, so I’m happy. I spent some time yesterday afternoon going through my email, and last week wasn’t crazy, so I’m actually all caught up for the moment. Happy!

I’m also very UNHAPPY. Since I got pregnant, any time I get any sort of sinus stuff that gets the slightest bit infectiony, I end up puking over and over for about an hour just as I’m starting to feel better. (When drainage kicks into high gear.) It’s happened 6 or 7 times in the last two years. My doctor says it’s just changing physiology, and that’s the way my body works now. She prescribed an anti-nausea quick dissolve tab that has worked okay the last couple of times. Yesterday, it just made me hang out in a miserable pre-puke limbo for a couple of hours.

Despite the awful on Monday, I felt great Sunday. The weather was beautiful, so we took Katie to the zoo with my parents. We had a very good time. Katie had a couple of highlights: she fed a giraffe and rode a pony. She had a big romaine lettuce leaf for the giraffe, but she shredded it and fed him little bits. He didn’t seem to mind. And I’ve never seen her smile so big as she did while she rode the pony. At the end of the day, we were on a deserted walkway leaving the zoo, and I ran with her stroller up the hill. Bobby said I looked really funny (my pants were falling down!), but it felt great and Katie laughed the whole way.

Then we got home, and we all fell asleep for 2 hours. Very good day.

AND we took a bunch of pictures, some of which I’m in, and I don’t hate them. The picture on today’s post isn’t the most flattering, but it’s my favorite because it takes me right back to that moment. Katie had been petting a goat, and got scared when it turned its head to look at her. Backing away, she ran into another goat and totally freaked out. I scooped her up pretty quick, and this picture perfectly captures her terror and me laughing at her.

As far as weight loss goes, February has pretty much been a long plateau, but I am FINALLY out of the 170s. 169.0 two days in a row, oh yeah. I have 5 lbs to go before I can wave bye-bye to obesity, and it feels good.                       

No comments: