Friday, March 9, 2012

Skinny and the Geek

After my resolve yesterday, I feel guilty about my scale check this morning, even though I was really happy with the number. I justified it by saying I'd just finished my TOM and had exercised self-control for the first time, so I NEEDED to see how that affected my WL. (Yeah, sure, you can quit any time, right?) Then I did a happy dance and called Bobby to tell him the good news.

I am 1 lb away from an overweight BMI. I know I can't count it unless the weigh-in on Monday agrees, but thinking about how close I am is a big boost in my motivation. The BMI change over coincides with my 10% milestone, too, and is just shy of 20 lbs lost. The wall I'm hauling my butt over in 8 weeks is looking a little shorter. I know I said yesterday that I'm more worried about what I can do than how much I weigh, but the BMI thing is a big deal to me. I was so shocked when I found out how low the obesity level is for my height and how far past it I was. (Hard to call yourself chubby when you're medically obese.)

I'm 8 days of 8 so far for my active everyday challenge. Fridays are the hardest day for me, because I co-lead a raid in the Star Wars MMO right after Katie goes to bed. (If you don't know what that is, suffice it to say that it means I am a huge geek.) I'm going to try to convince Katie she wants to let me do yoga/do yoga with me after work today. She thinks I should be able to do pushups with her sitting on my back, but hopefully Down Dog won't be so tempting.

Last night, Bobby and I pulled out the Kinect after Kate went to bed and played for almost 2 hours. (Well, he watched me play Just Dance. He gets plenty of exercise at work.) We got very competitive with the Adventure game. It has an obstacle course thing. You have to jump, duck, and dodge obstacles and try to get as many coins as possible. Some of the coins are arranged so you have to stand with one leg out at a 45 degree angle, one arm out straight, and one arm up. Jumping makes you go faster, and time left on your clock at the end gives you bonus points. I'm better at collecting coins, but Bobby is faster, and he can jump up and down through the whole thing. It got pretty intense, and it was a lot of fun.

No comments: