Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 9 - A photo I took

This is my husband, Bobby:


I can't put my finger on why I love this picture so much; it's not exactly well taken. I like the expression on Bobby's face, even if I'm not sure what it is. I took this picture in the Sequoia National Forest (Park?) in California. When we lived in Las Vegas, we took more day/weekend trips to various places.

On this one, the "Check Engine" light came on after we passed a certain altitude and freaked us out, and a hinge pin from one of Bobby's jobsites rolled to where it could swing and ping against the truck. Bobby was positive we were going to break down on some lonely mountain road, but calmed a little once we found and removed the pin. He didn't totally relax until the "Check Engine" light turned off on the way back, but we still managed to have a very good time meandering around in the woods. The trees, of course, were enormous and very impressive. The squirrels, according to signage around the trails, carried the plague and were not to be touched. (I have a picture of a plague squirrel too, but I can't find it just now.)

One of the enormous trees had fallen over, and you could climb on top of it. Bobby stood proudly on top while I snapped a photo; I made it halfway, then went the rest on my belly before needing help down. It was a biiiig tree. Bobby made fun of me for months, but I bore it well (hah). It was a very good trip. Much as I hated living in Vegas, it was very nice being close to a lot of outdoorsy destinations.

No comments: