Thursday, March 12, 2009

Insurance is the devil

I know I mentioned I might be looking for a job, but not why. I got laid off about two weeks before I found out about the pregnancy. Yeah. Cool beans, hmm? So I'm paying an assload for COBRA since as a prego chick I am UNINSURABLE. I understand the fiscal logistics of why that is, but it's still total BS that proper medical care during pregnancy is so expensive. Today I finished my paperwork to work for West, which is a call center kind of place. I'll be working from home, which is pretty badass, but I'm taking (another) 40% pay cut. $32K/year to $8/hr hurts, yeah? But it's what I wanted. I wouldn't go back to hospitality for less than $40K and I don't have the experience to support that salary. And it's not doing so well in the current economic climate either, so for now I'm just thankful I'm employed and that I can pick my hours. I'm going to be taking calls for whirlpool regarding recall, so it might even be interesting (pfft). But I can play wow in downtime! If there is any, which will be seen.

Tomorrow I have a killer test in Anatomy, so I'm leaving my training until Monday. In the meantime, I am nauseous all. the. time. but not vomiting constantly. My boobs ache, my digestion is all abnormal like, I get hot flashes, and I am constantly exhausted. Oh, and I pee constantly. I thought the pee thing was only once your uterus was big enough to pressure your bladder, but it actually starts right away because your body steps up blood production, and therefore blood filtration and production of liquid waste. So I'm peeing more than I ever have and can't stay hydrated. My skin's dry, my lips crack, and I can't brush my teeth often enough. I understand now why pregnant women have to be hospitalized to rehydrate sometimes. It's the coolest, most fascinating stuff ever, especially in conjunction with my anatomy/physiology class. But it still kind of sucks. Bobby says he thought me being pregnant would be fun, not watching me fall asleep over dinner. I think it will be once I start feeling stuff that's baby and not just stuff that's sick. And I'm really looking forward to going shopping.

No comments: