Friday, February 12, 2010

Pediatrician Frustration

Katie's coughing a little bit and she's got a fever. It wasn't too high at first, but I called her doctor anyway and left my message. They called me a couple hours later, asked some questions, and told me to call back if her fever got over 100.5'. An hour after that, her fever was 101', so I called, left another message, and... nothing. No call back, and the office is closed now. So.. What now? It's not that high a fever, but worthy of a call. Do I give her medicine or rush her to the ER? I really dislike my pediatrician's staff. It takes too long for an answer, and they never seem to give enough information.

I gave her some tylenol, and I'm just going to see how she does. She doesn't really seem like she feels bad, though the medicine made her sleepy.

No comments: