Friday, February 19, 2010

My House of Cards

Katie did all right over the weekend, but on Tuesday she started seeming more sick. She started wheezing a bit, her fever came back, and she wasn't interested in eating. I took her to the doctor (we had to see the staff nurse) and was told she had RSV. They gave her a shot of antibiotics, a breathing treatment, and sent us to the hospital for a chest x-ray. I can't remember ever being so very worried. We took the x-ray back to the doctor and it turned out she had a touch of pneumonia as well. They drew blood, and I don't even want to think about how awful it was. We did treatments every 4 hours and went back the next day to see our doctor. She added a medication and more antibiotics and asked for us back on Friday. (Today.)

Holy. Crap.

Today was better. The doctor says she's doing better and reduced the treatments from 6 a day to 4 a day and wants us back next week. I'm exhausted.

No comments: