Monday, September 14, 2009

Scary Day

Today was a very bad day. I called Bush Leasing to set up a payment plan for the property taxes they billed us for, seemingly at random. The most they would agree to was 2 months, and I really wanted 3 to be able to pay it off. The guy I spoke to was very condescending and completely unmoving. He told me they couldn't stretch it out more because they'd had problems with people bailing on paying it at all. I told him I was willing to set up a direct draw from my account and pointed out I had a perfect payment history. He asked if I thought I deserved some sort of reward for doing as required. I asked if I could have some sort of indication of how regularly we would receive this tax, since we'd already paid it once this year. He told me that they don't receive it at regular intervals and can't find out from the City when it should be processed. He said, "The city has a lot more to do than just a contractor would. I see how you wouldn't understand how difficult it'd be to get that volume of paperwork processed." I was so pissed I literally saw red.

Towards the end of the call he informed me that I was actually on a conference call with his supervisor and the account billing person and that they all agreed that what I wanted was impossible and I was being very unprofessional. Holy hell. All that fury combined with my hormonal self, and I started crying when I got off the phone. Then I started hyperventilating. I called Bobby when my chest started to hurt and I started to kind of panic. He freaked out because I couldn't get words out intelligibly and called my stepdad to see if she had a way to get in touch with my mom. He told me he was going to call an ambulance if I couldn't calm down. It was all very upsetting. What finally worked was standing in front of the open freezer and taking deep breaths. My mom called as soon as she got off work. I guess I freaked everyone out, not just myself. Fuck Bush Leasing.

No comments: