Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Beginnings

After 18 months of pseudo "trying to conceive," four tests have confirmed that I am pregnant. I am scared and confused, but excited. Bobby and I have yet to do anything the easy way, so why should becoming parents be any different? In honor of this momentous occasion, I'm starting a grown up blog. I've been journalling sporadically on livejournal since my junior year of high school, and I've always enjoyed it as a way of venting or working through my thoughts in addition to having a way to share what's going on in my life with my friends. Most of those friends have left livejournal now, and, in all truth, have moved beyond me in one way or another. Or I did. The things I'm doing and worrying about are not their things. In any event, I associate livejournal with my high school self, and I haven't been that girl in some time now. So, today, I anoint this blog for my adult self, my wife self, my mom self.

No comments: