Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Zombies, Prisons, and Kayaks; Oh My!

The house is on the market! It has been for a while, actually, but we weren't taking appointments. Now we are, and I'm so relieved. Yay! I really hate the instant, "S**t, did I leave any underwear on the floor?!" when I accept a same-day appointment from work, though.

Apparently being unreasonably irritated by small things is a side effect of being overly stressed. Knowing that is NOT helping me stay calm about my boss crunching through his daily bag of Doritos. The work itself is a little better, if only because the things going on now are mostly things I can't do anything about. Frustrating, but not as bad as feeling like I have 85 things to do RIGHT NOW if I want to have a job tomorrow. We're down to a mere 8 active projects from 21 as well. That's still considered an over full workload for a project management team, so before it was just insanity.

I skipped my class at the gym all week last week: for a birthday, then because I'd spent hours and hours on the floor scrubbing baseboards and tile grout, then because I'd had a beyond awful day and wanted to hide all alone in a dark room. I went on Saturday, and how I hurt! It's not bad today (good thing: I have class tonight!), but Sunday I was hobbling around like an arthritic 80 year old, and Monday was only a little better.

I've only got 11 days left before my obstacle course race. A similar race in Ft. Worth had a drowning fatality last weekend, which was a little alarming. The one I'm doing isn't on the same scale, though, so I'm not in danger of anything except looking like an idiot. Bobby is trying to talk me into doing one in Austin where zombies chase you. (www.runforyourlives.com) It sounds awesome, but I am way freaked out by zombies, and I don't think I could handle it even if I were in superb physical condition. I think an attempt could, quite literally, trigger a heart attack. I had to be removed from a haunted house when I was 9, because they thought I might have a stroke or something. (In my defense, it was in the Wyoming Territorial Prison. The place was creepy when it wasn't occupied by Halloween scare junkies.)

I bought a groupon this morning to do a 3 hour nature tour in a kayak. I mentioned it to Bobby, and he seemed really excited about it, so that made me really happy about it. I already know he'll outpace me easily. Him: works for FedEx hefting boxes around 6 days a week; Me: professional desk wimp. But it will be fun anyway. We have 6 months to use the voucher, but I'm kind of hoping I won't be too sore after class to use it this weekend (for my birthday).

When I bought the voucher, it popped up a bunch of other things. Scuba certification course! Standup paddle boarding! Zomg! The scuba one is out of my budget, but if a sailing one pops up, I'll be all over it. I learned to sail at a summer camp when I was 14 or so, and have been wishing ever since I could do it again. I really want to learn to windsurf, and Texas does have an abundance of lakes...

Current weight/pounds lost? Oh, who cares.

No comments: