Monday, June 1, 2009

Maybe some curly fries?

I'll be halfway done this Thursday. lol, because it's all exact like that and all. But really, I'm starting to feel really impatient/excited. I want to go shopping, but I'll wait until after my baby shower. Everyone seems to be really excited about that part and enthusiastic about the gifts because we didn't have a wedding. I am too, I guess, but I kinda want to get everything settled. Like, for the first day of school, I was always excited about getting all my supplies and settling them into my backpack just right. Same thing, but on a bigger scale. Not to mention, I'm supposed to be nesting or something.

I think I am going to start collecting clothes. Not much, but it's hard to resist now I know what I'm having. I have been buying random packs of diapers, so it's a little less burdensome down the road. Baby wipes too, but.. uh, Bobby stole them. lol.

I joined a meetup group thing for expectant moms of 2009, but all but 3 (of 30, including me) have already had their baby, so they changed it to just a mom group and they do playdates and park runs. =( Cool and all, but I'm missing an important accessory for the kiddie playground. Soo. Pffft on them.

I need to go to the grocery store to find something to perk up my appetite. I bought some sweet potato chips thinking they'd help, but... meh. The best thing I've found for mid day snacking that I actually want is lil smokies and BBQ sauce. I'll eat about 5 and feel good about things. I was eating a lot of apples, but they got old. I need a new go-to fruit! Bananas maybe? Meh. I ate half a can of pineapples for breakfast, but only because I HAD to eat something. I've been doing pretty well about just eating cereal when I get up whether I want it or not, but I'm out of milk. Otherwise I probably wouldn't bother going to the store. Maybe stuff for sandwiches? I like tuna, but I'm not really supposed to eat much of it, so maybe if I got chicken. Canned chicken even! It tastes like tuna. lol. And I really like bread right now. How about some spreadable butter and french bread? God, I'd gain 50 lbs over the pregnancy. A little probably wouldn't hurt though. Maybe just to get my appetite going?

Speaking of which, I thought I was starting to gain some weight back, but I got on the scale this morning and I've lost half of what I'd gained over the past month. Not a bad thing; I've plenty of reserve to burn, but I'm a little afraid I'll balloon or something in the last trimester. I'm definitely gaining some bulk, though it seems denser some days that others. Or closer to the surface of my skin or something. Like, some days my belly is pretty solid. Yesterday, Bobby was poking around and said he couldn't even tell where my uterus was under my squish. It's weird. =/

I suppose that's enough babbling from my decidedly one-track mind. I'm really hungry; now to find something I want to eat.

No comments: