Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm going on vacation!

I'm going to San Antonio for the weekend! We're going to go on a cave tour, visit sea world, explore the river walk thingie, and get kolaches in West. Oh, how I love kolaches. It will be a lot of fun, even stopping to pee every half hour. Especially since I never get any warning, it's all OMG MUST URINATE RIGHT NOW. But that's pretty minor, all thing's considered. At least I'm down to puking a minimum of maybe once a week or so. Progress!

Sonogram next Wednesday. I'll be, like, a week and a half short of 5 months, so I really hope we'll be able to tell the sex. My belly has exploded outward. Bobby likes poking at me asking things like, "Stomach or uterus? Is that your spleen?"

I had to go shopping to get some maternity wear. I got some things that aren't too awful. Mostly non-tent items. And, wearing them, I'm definitely past the pregnant: not just fat threshold. I fear I'm not going to be able to wear my preferred pants much longer though, and I just couldn't convince myself to purchase any with scary, distended elastic tops. My freedom will soon be at an end, I know.

Since my friends all seem to be posting things like, "American Idol, barf!" I'm feeling the need to talk about it. The American Idol finale was pretty awesome. Kiss AND Queen? Duuuude. Didn't really care about the results, since I liked everyone in the top 3. And now I can return to not watching television for a few weeks. Would have been the rest of the year, but I got Bobby addicted to True Blood. (I like it too, but I'd probably just read the books and forget about the show if he didn't.) Curious to see what they do, since I think they killed the guy central to the Dallas plotline and seem to have given the maenad a much larger role.

I could really use a nap. I blame Jane Eyre.

No comments: