Monday, January 9, 2012

8,806 Miles

I woke up this morning feeling good, but I think there’s a puddle of energy somewhere between my house and my office, because I’m crazy tired now. Maybe the weather? It was really dark coming in, so maybe my body thinks I deserved another hour of sleep. Don’t know. Do know I’m having a really hard time remembering where I left off with my POs last week.

I weighed in this morning. I hate my scale/bathroom floor. I hopped out of bed and right onto the scale this morning, then did a happy dance when I saw 174. I was super excited for a bunch of reasons. Then I went upstairs to go to the bathroom and get my Kate up, and then decided it couldn’t hurt to see if peeing had dropped me down another tenth. (My 5% goal is 173.9, so caring about another tenth wasn’t super weird.)

The scaled said 175.8. What?
I moved it to a different tile. 177.4
Shifted it a little. 176.0
Moved it again. 175.8 four times in a row, moving it between.

I’m taking the 175.8 since it came up consistently, but it’s so frustrating! I would have been happy with 175.8 if I hadn’t gotten the 174 first. I feel like I gained 1.8 lbs rather than losing 1.6. I wish I could be confident that my scale is deficient, because I could buy a new one and move on, but I think my uneven tile is really the culprit. However, it does seem like once my scale gets a fix, it keeps putting up that number, even if I put each foot on a different tile and stand off-center. I don’t know. What if I buy a new scale, and it says I’m 180 again? I’ll cry.

Some time today, I’m talking to my boss about volunteering for my company’s new office in India. I am incredibly excited and scared about the idea, but I’m trying to keep everything in check until I know more about what they want and what they are offering. (ie, if they just want a project director to start the office and hire/train local staff, I am not a good candidate. In the same vein, if they're not providing any relocation assistance, I'm not interested.) Also very nervous about the discussion itself, because I’m basically telling David I don’t want to work under him anymore. (Which is true. I started managing my own projects in 2006. It’s very frustrating to be someone’s coordinator, but I can understand they want me to prove myself here.)

Mumbai. Just.. seriously. Mumbai, India. I've dreamed about travelling the world forever, it seems like, but it's always seemed so inaccessible. I feel like I'd be crazy to pass up the oppurtunity, but, at the same time, how do you prepare for something like this? How do you decide to sell off your life and move halfway around the world with a family and no safety net? (All right, my imagination is running away again. Must wait until I have more details! Calm down, chick.)                       

No comments: